True or FalseGood day fellow quizzers.
I've been really really busy lately with keeping the Facebook Pub Quiz page engaging and fun.
Writing new pub quizzes for the pub quiz website every week but the biggest time consumer by far is the
quiz app I've been working on, which never seems to be near completion.
So it's been a while since I've posted anything on this pub quiz blog and I thought
I'd better make the effort today to at least write something.
I'm going to give you a list of true or false questions for you to have a go at and then
at the end I'm going to give you the answers plus a bit more info to go with each one
so you will leave this article more enlightened and a little more educated.
Let's see if you can get 10 out of 10.
True or False Questions1. A butterfly has four wings?
2. Luke Skywalker was Princess Leia's brother?
3. On a bottle of wine spumante means sweet?
4. Twiki was a robot in Battlestar Galactica?
5. The famous magician Harry Houdini was Italian?
6. Walt Disney’s Seven Dwarfs worked in a gold mine?
7. Blue is the most common eye colour in the world?
8. Tarantula bites are deadly to the human beings?
9. Sony produced the first battery powered cassette recorder?
10. Bats always turn left when they leave a cave?
OK, so that didn't take long but did you think about those questions long enough?
Maybe you should go through them again just to make sure, you do want to
get full marks don't you? I do love true or false questions because they make you
think, "is it true or is it a myth?" or is the quiz master trying to trick me?
I ask my friend these sorts of questions all the time and he never believes me most
of the time, he then goes home and looks it up on the internet to make sure I'm not
pulling his leg.
Anyhow, let's get on to the answers.
True or False Answers
1. True, a butterfly does have four wings.
Did you also know that the original name for the butterfly was flutterby? Seems
hard to believe doesn't it? But it's true!
The origin of the name butterfly, is a fly that eats butter. Going even further back,
to the dutch origin, "Butter Shitter", because the dutch thought the insect pooped on the butter.
Did you know butterflies taste with their feet?
2. True, they both have the same father, Darth Vader!
3. False, The word spumante, which means foaming in Italian, is a general term used for
almost any type of sparkling wine made in Italy, while one that is sweet will be called dolce.
4. False, Twiki was the robot in Buck Rogers In The 25th Century, who's catchphrase was,
"biddi-biddi-biddi, hey Buck.."
followed by some funny 20th century slang he picked up from Buck Rogers.
5. False, Harry Houdini was a Hungarian-American illusionist and stunt performer,
noted for his sensational escape acts.
6. False, Walt Disney’s Seven Dwarfs, named Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful,
Sneezy and Dopey worked in a diamond mine.
The Seven Dwarfs finish their digging work for the day, singing the "Dig, Dig" song..
"We dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig.
In a mine the whole day through.
We dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig.
It's what we like to do.
It ain't no trick. To get rich quick. If you dig, dig, dig, with a shovel or a pick.
In a mine. In a mine. In a mine. In a mine.
Where a million diamonds shine."
7. False, brown is the most common eye colour in the world.
Brown eyes range from light brown or honey to almost black.
Light brown or amber eyes are common in many ethnicities including among Africans,
Asians and Caucasians. Genetically brown appears to be more dominant than other eye colors,
hence its prevalence.
Blue eyes are quite rare and are becoming less common. A few generations ago 30% of those
born had blue eyes; now that number has decreased to about one in six.
This eye color is often found among people of European descent.
Grey eyes are a variant of blue eyes, only much lighter.
Grey eyes often include a combination of other tints including light blue or greenish.
Green eyes are among the most rare eye color and only about 2% of people possess green eyes.
They are typically found among people with Germanic or Slavic origins.
8. False, if a tarantula bites you, you may have pain at the site of the bite similar to a bee sting.
The area of the bite may become warm and red. On extreemly rare occassions, like if you are
allergic to venom, a tarantula bite might become fatal.
9. False, although Sony is famous for the Walkman the first company was Phillips.
Phillips was founded in May 15, 1891, Eindhoven, Netherlands.
10. Depends where you live!
True, Bats do indeed always turn left when they leave their cave in the Northern hemisphere.
False, Bats always turn right when they leave their cave in the Southern hemisphere.
This is due to the coriolis effect, the same force which causes hurricanes and tornadoes to rotate
counter-clockwise north of the equator and clockwise south of the equator.
This effect is an inertial force caused by the earth's rotation.
So there you have it, did you learn something new today?
Please leave a comment if you enjoyed this article, it's always nice to know my hard work is
appreciated. If you enjoy these types of fun facts then you will definitely like my Facebook page
Why not sign in to your Facebook account and like my page so you can get my daily posts.