Thursday 14 August 2014

True or False Quiz Questions

True or False

Good day fellow quizzers.
I've been really really busy lately with keeping the Facebook Pub Quiz page engaging and fun.
Writing new pub quizzes for the pub quiz website every week but the biggest time consumer by far is the
quiz app I've been working on, which never seems to be near completion.
So it's been a while since I've posted anything on this pub quiz blog and I thought
I'd better make the effort today to at least write something.

I'm going to give you a list of true or false questions for you to have a go at and then
at the end I'm going to give you the answers plus a bit more info to go with each one
so you will leave this article more enlightened and a little more educated.
Let's see if you can get 10 out of 10.

True or False Questions

1. A butterfly has four wings?
2. Luke Skywalker was Princess Leia's brother?
3. On a bottle of wine spumante means sweet?
4. Twiki was a robot in Battlestar Galactica?
5. The famous magician Harry Houdini was Italian?
6. Walt Disney’s Seven Dwarfs worked in a gold mine?
7. Blue is the most common eye colour in the world?
8. Tarantula bites are deadly to the human beings?
9. Sony produced the first battery powered cassette recorder?
10. Bats always turn left when they leave a cave?

OK, so that didn't take long but did you think about those questions long enough?
Maybe you should go through them again just to make sure, you do want to
get full marks don't you? I do love true or false questions because they make you
think, "is it true or is it a myth?" or is the quiz master trying to trick me?
I ask my friend these sorts of questions all the time and he never believes me most
of the time, he then goes home and looks it up on the internet to make sure I'm not
pulling his leg.
Anyhow, let's get on to the answers.

True or False Answers


1. True, a butterfly does have four wings.
Did you also know that the original name for the butterfly was flutterby? Seems
hard to believe doesn't it? But it's true!
The origin of the name butterfly, is a fly that eats butter. Going even further back,
to the dutch origin, "Butter Shitter", because the dutch thought the insect pooped on the butter.
Did you know butterflies taste with their feet?

2. True, they both have the same father, Darth Vader!

3. False, The word spumante, which means foaming in Italian, is a general term used for
almost any type of sparkling wine made in Italy, while one that is sweet will be called dolce.

4. False, Twiki was the robot in Buck Rogers In The 25th Century, who's catchphrase was,
"biddi-biddi-biddi, hey Buck.."
followed by some funny 20th century slang he picked up from Buck Rogers.

5. False, Harry Houdini was a Hungarian-American illusionist and stunt performer,
noted for his sensational escape acts.

6. False, Walt Disney’s Seven Dwarfs, named Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful,
Sneezy and Dopey worked in a diamond mine.
The Seven Dwarfs finish their digging work for the day, singing the "Dig, Dig" song..
"We dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig.
In a mine the whole day through.
We dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig, dig.
It's what we like to do.
It ain't no trick. To get rich quick. If you dig, dig, dig, with a shovel or a pick.
In a mine. In a mine. In a mine. In a mine.
Where a million diamonds shine."

7. False, brown is the most common eye colour in the world.
Brown eyes range from light brown or honey to almost black.
Light brown or amber eyes are common in many ethnicities including among Africans,
Asians and Caucasians. Genetically brown appears to be more dominant than other eye colors,
hence its prevalence.

Blue eyes are quite rare and are becoming less common. A few generations ago 30% of those
born had blue eyes; now that number has decreased to about one in six.
This eye color is often found among people of European descent.

Grey eyes are a variant of blue eyes, only much lighter.
Grey eyes often include a combination of other tints including light blue or greenish.

Green eyes are among the most rare eye color and only about 2% of people possess green eyes.
They are typically found among people with Germanic or Slavic origins.

8. False, if a tarantula bites you, you may have pain at the site of the bite similar to a bee sting.
The area of the bite may become warm and red. On extreemly rare occassions, like if you are
allergic to venom, a tarantula bite might become fatal.

9. False, although Sony is famous for the Walkman the first company was Phillips.
Phillips was founded in May 15, 1891, Eindhoven, Netherlands.

10. Depends where you live!
True, Bats do indeed always turn left when they leave their cave in the Northern hemisphere.
False, Bats always turn right when they leave their cave in the Southern hemisphere.
This is due to the coriolis effect, the same force which causes hurricanes and tornadoes to rotate
counter-clockwise north of the equator and clockwise south of the equator.
This effect is an inertial force caused by the earth's rotation.   

So there you have it, did you learn something new today?
Please leave a comment if you enjoyed this article, it's always nice to know my hard work is
appreciated. If you enjoy these types of fun facts then you will definitely like my Facebook page
facebook.com/quizpubuk
Why not sign in to your Facebook account and like my page so you can get my daily posts.

12 comments:

  1. Here is a great herbal doctor who cured me of Hepatitis B. his name is Dr. Imoloa. I suffered Hepatitis B for 11 years, I was very weak with pains all over my body my stomach was swollen and I could hardly eat. And one day my brother came with a herbal medicine from doctor Imoloa and asked me to drink and I drank hence there was no hope, and behold after 2 week of taking the medicine, I started feeling relief, my swollen stomach started shrinking down and the pains was gone. I became normal after the completion of the medication, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative which means I’m cured. He can also cure the following diseases with his herbal medicine...lupus, hay fever, measles, dry cough, diabetics hepatitis A.B.C, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, bile salt disease, fol ate deficinecy, diarrhoea, liver/kidney inflammatory, eye cancer, skin cancer disease, malaria, chronic kidney disease, high blood pressure, food poisoning, parkinson disease, bowel cancer, bone cancer, brain tumours, asthma, arthritis, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, lyme disease, muscle aches, cholera, fatigue, muscle aches, shortness of breath, alzhemer's disease, acute myeloid leukaemia, acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammatory joint disease, inflammatory bowel disease, Addison's disease back acne, breast cancer, allergic bronchitis, Celia disease, bulimia, congenital heart disease, cirrhosis, fetal alcohol spectrum, constipation, fungal nail infection, fabromyalgia, (love spell) and many more. he is a great herbalist man. Contact him on email; drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. You can also reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej det är laa! För 9 månader sedan berättade min läkare att jag fick diagnosen HSV2. Jag var hjärtbruten, men samma månad hittade jag en Dr Ricksin. som hjälpte mig att bota viruset med naturlig örtbehandling permanent. tack till Dr. Ricksin för hans naturliga växtbaserade behandling som eliminerat detta virus i min kropp för alltid. hans kontaktinformation för alla obotliga virus via; drricksin@gmail.com eller whatsapp honom eller ring honom via hans telefonnummer +3197005034579

    ReplyDelete
  3. Herbal medicine is the best Greetings I am here to testify how great man called Dr OMO helped me out with herbs and roots which he prepared for me in use of curing my fibroids and Getting pregnant after 8 years of try to conceive with fibroids I takes his product (cure for my fibroid made with herbal medicine Root) for (14) days before I am to known I was totally pregnant after 2months of using dr omo herbs he also have Herbal medical for all types of diseases, and i promise him that i will tell the world about his Great job he ask me to drink from the herbal medicine before meeting my husband I did and after 2months I was pregnant thank you for your great job he can also help you if you have a low sperm count you want to convince a baby fast PCOS ,infections, stomach ucler ,THYROID, COPD, Endometriosis, breast cancer,HIV?AID,ALS, yeast infection, Gonorrhea, Chronic Sinus, HPV low testosterone, Herpes, blocked fallopian tubes Liver parasites ovarian Arthritis, Cysts, pile, ASTHMA, Crowns and all other type of diseases,WEAK ERECTION, STRETCH MARK REMOVER , breast cancer, Parkinson's, male-enhancement Cream, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, HEPATITIS B pile, Get lost period back, stop period pain, Email : dromo596@gmail.com WhatsApp him on +2349033505260 thank you for all your work..

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Mr. Klaus Dieter, I work for the French financial institution Crédit Mutuel with the partnership of the bank BNP Paribas, we offer you offers at an interest rate of 3% per year, to start with new projects:
    - You have unpaid debt.
    - Buying a new house.
    - buy a new car.
    - Buying a new apartment or property.
    Get personal loans, business loans.
    If you would like loans for setting up your business and project, do not hesitate to send us an email:
    bnpfinanzenhilfe@gmail.com

    Whatsapp: +4917694954827

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was searching for loan to sort out my bills& debts, then i saw comments about Blank ATM Credit Card that can be hacked to withdraw money from any ATM machines around you . I doubted thus but decided to give it a try by contacting (smithhackingcompanyltd@gmail.com} they responded with their guidelines on how the card works. I was assured that the card can withdraw $5,000 instant per day & was credited with$50,000,000.00 so i requested for one & paid the delivery fee to obtain the card, after 24 hours later, i was shock to see the UPS agent in my resident with a parcel{card} i signed and went back inside and confirmed the card work's after the agent left. This is no doubts because i have the card & has made used of the card. This hackers are USA based hackers set out to help people with financial freedom!! Contact these email if you wants to get rich with this Via: smithhackingcompanyltd@gmail.com or WhatsApp +1(360)6370612

    ReplyDelete
  6. Programmed ATM Cards
    Do you know that you can hack any ATM machine !!!
    We have specially programmed ATMs that can be used to withdraw money at ATMs, shops and points of sale. We sell these cards to all our customers and interested buyers all over the world, the cards have a withdrawal limit every week.
    Getting rich and living the rich and famous lifestyle is a dream of many people. And while most people go to work or look for other ethical methods to make money on ATM-programmed cards.
    The programmed ATMs withdraw money from each ATM but have a withdrawal limit every week, only your PIN code is in it, it is a high-tech card system. The PROGRAMMED ATM card works on all card-based ATMs, anywhere in the world.
    Email: atmservices44@aol.com
    Email: hacklords.investors@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  7. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $10,050 USD every week, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...
    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address:: besthackersworld58@gmail.com or whats-app +1(323)-723-2568

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $2,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.
    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:
    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD
    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address::besthackersworld58@gmail.com or whats-app +1(323)-723-2568

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to thank Lapo Micro Finance for giving me a loan. I was deceived several times trying to get a loan until I came across Lapo Micro Finance who provided me with a loan worth $ 23,000 to care for my sick child. If you need a real lender today contact Lapo .Contact email: lapofunding960@gmail.com
    Whatsapp +447883183014

    ReplyDelete
  9. Magic Ring in Witbank, NAMIBIA, ZAMBIA, SOUTH AFRICA+BOTSWANA, USA, New York +27738183320 +27738183320
    Magic ring Call or WhatsAp +27738183320
    Magic rings are powerful rings that have been cast with a spell. A magic ring contains the spiritual energy of the spell that has been cast on it. A magic ring for love is a love spell that is attached to a ring. A magic ring for money is a money spell attached to a ring. A magic ring for protection is a protection spell attached t a ring
    Shield your aura from any spiritual harm with magic rings. You can also use magic rings for healing spiritual & physical ailments to eliminate the root cause of sickness & disturbance. Magic rings have different spiritual properties depending on the type of spell cast on it.
    Bring the ancestral magical powers of the spiritual forces to intervene in any situation in your life. Magic rings for those who want to be successful. Achieve your dreams & get what you want in life with magic rings. Cancel out all dark energies & banish all spiritual disturbances with shielding magic rings.
    Magical rings focus energy & spiritual power to improve luck or prosperity, for protection & to cure diseases.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! To Reach A Right Traditional Healing/Sangoma *`~+27738183320 For Business Boost, Lost love, Traditional Healing, Dream meaning, Barrenness Contracts, Miracle Powers, Winning Court Cases, Attraction/ Retirement, Job Promotions, Jackpot & Betting, Settings Family Issues, Magic Ring, Magic Wallet @Smudge | VOODOO SPELL, WICCA SPELLS
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/prof-kamau-aa0677199/
    https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=27738183320
    https://za.pinterest.com/profkamau/_saved/
    https://ok.ru/profile/582281533325/about
    https://fast-spells.footeo.com/?_ga=2.64769775.1526028555.1626949650-1395889217.1625258514
    https://prof-kamau.footeo.com/?_ga=2.47671783.1384322181.1626963412-990869151.1626522577

    ReplyDelete
  11. (NO MEMBERSHIP FEE TO JOIN ILLUMINATI), I am giving a testimony on how i became rich and
    famous today… i was deeply strangled up by poverty
    and i had no body to help me, and also i searched for
    help from different corners but to no avail… I see
    people around me getting rich but to me i was so
    ashamed of my self so i met a man on my way he was
    very rich and he was a doctor so he told me something
    and i think over it through out the day so the next day
    i looked up and i keep repeating what he said to me.
    ” if you want to get rich quick and be famous” you
    need to cross your heart and do what is in your mind
    so i tried all i could in other for me to do as he said
    so later on i told my fellow friend about this same
    thing then my friend was interested in my suggestions
    so i decided to look in the internet and i found an
    email of an angent Jackson illuminatiriches50085@gmail.com and
    we decided to contact them and fortunately we did as
    them instruct us to do and later, them told us to get some
    requirements and all the rest… so this initiation took
    us just a week and later on the great Illuminati gave
    us $7,000,000.00 to start up our lives…. and now am
    testifying that if in any case you want to join any
    great Illuminati all you need to do is for you to contact
    him on whatsapp +1(409)2993890.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was depressed when the doctor told me that I have been diagnosed with HERPES and HIV disease… I thought about my Family, I know my Family will face a serious problem when I'm gone, I lost hope and I wept all day, but one day I was searching the internet and I found Dr.0sagie contact number. +2347030465649 I called him and he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, now everything is fine, I'm cured by Dr.obudu herbal medicine, I'm very thankful to Dr.obudu and very happy with my hubby and family. email him on (drosagiesolutiontemple@gmail.com OR DROSAGIESOULTIONTEMPLE@YAHOO.COM ) o or you can also reach him through WhatsApp number+2347030465649 He can also cure so many sickness

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message if you liked this article.